Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thunderstorms?

The weather widget on my Google homepage insisted that thunderstorms would happen today. However no where else was there any sign of potential thunderstorm activity. The sky in particular had no idea that it was supposed to be producing any thunderstorm in the Marina Del Rey vicinity. I grew up in Virginia. Frequent random thunderstorms were apart of summer. I miss them sometimes. It was such a tease seeing the cool lightening bolts on my Google homepage.

On another note I got my stitches out today. It is more comfortable without them, but I still have a swollen lump on my leg... I've got about 6 weeks to go for that to subside. After everything I am pretty tight again. My flexibility was progressing pretty well and I was hoping to have my splits by the end of the year. I think that goal needs to be adjusted because I don't think I should push my range of motion too far too soon. With the World Gymnastics Championships happening in a few days it makes me a little bummed that I can't use it for inspiration to develop new skills in the gym. I will be busy just trying to see what basic skills I can work my way back with. Thankfully I don't think I am going to have any problems swimming. If anything I only might have discomfort from the swim suit rubbing on the incision. I will find that out tomorrow.

No comments: