Monday, September 24, 2007

UAW Strikes

Today GM plants were haulted by the striking of their UAW workers. I have been waiting for this situation to come to a head for awhile. I hope the UAW falls apart. I don't see the reasoning behind the demands they are making for their members. Currently UAW workers make more money, get more vacation, have better benefits and live in areas of lower living costs that the people I know that design the parts they are systematically fitting together.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/24/news/companies/gm_uaw_strikedeadline/index.htm?cnn=yes

Unions are what turn me off from becoming an LA County Lifegaurd (that and the fact I need to find the funds and time to have laser eye surgery). I don't greatly desire to be a part of an organization that funds politicians I don't agree with.

1 comment:

Mike M Images said...

Did you see they went after Denso to partner up?